Sunday, May 17, 2009

But Can't You See What I See?


Does anyone remember this sweet little girl over here? She looks so young, and innocent, like there could never be anything that could make something so delicate turn against the world.

Having trouble telling who it is?

I did too, when I saw this picture.

Yes, Britney Spears has changed a LOT over the years. And when I say a lot, I mean a WHOLE lot.

Once upon a time she was a Disney Mouseketeer, capturing the heart of the world with her skills and talent for singing, acting, and being just so gosh-darn adorable.

And look where she is now.

I could never bring myself to insult Britney outright, but I can't help but feel disappointed that she's let herself go down the roads that she's taken. She could've easily been the next Audrey Hepburn - sweet and innocent, yet strong and proud, and above all: gorgeous.

It really gets me down to see a person with so much potential take the easy way out, show some skin (or in this case, ALL of it) for the sake of selling some albums. I mean, if Megan Fox can become the sexiest woman alive without taking her shirt off in her career changing performance (Transformers, for those of you who live under rocks), then Britney Spears could surely have reached world-famous status without losing the last shreds of her soul.

However, despite all this, she still deserves some applause. With all her big hit singles since the late nineties, she has managed to keep up with the times, while also keeping all her fame. She is definitely an impressive specimen, and as much as I hate her new song for getting stuck in my head all the time, you can definitely see what I'm talking about with the difference between wholesome and... other words that probably don't need to be mentioned on this blog.

(Click here for link to video)

Love her, hate her, say what you want about her - she still makes more money than me!

See you next time on Reversed Culture!

0 comments: